Freedom – it is one of the greatest advantages of booking your next vacation on a private motor yacht charter, rather than on a cruise ship, or just about any other kind of five-star vacation. On a private yacht charter, you are pretty much free to go where you want, do what you want, and stay as long as you want!
With so many choices, it may be a bit overwhelming! But, booking a luxury yacht charter is easier than you might think. In fact, it a lot of ways it is easier then booking a vacation at a luxury hotel or resort, because your Charter Broker will do so much of the work for you, all you need to know is a few of the following basics.
Before You Shop for a Charter Experience
The only real key to having the best charter experience possible is to know what you are looking for before you book. The more specific you can be, the easier it will be for your Charter Broker to find exactly what it is you are looking for.
Here is a little “checklist” to keep in mind:
- Who is Going? – Who will be joining you on your excursion? Friends, family? Any children? It’s critical to know exactly how many people will be on the charter, so we can match you with a boat that is sure to accommodate everybody. Most motor yachts can hold a maximum of 12 guests, with cabins of varying comfort and luxury amenities, so be sure of the number, and tastes, of your guests.
- What do You Want from Your Destination? Where do you want to go? Is there a yacht accessible place that you have always wanted to see? The Bahamas? Key West, the Mediterranean? Just about anywhere that is known to attract tourists because of its proximity to water, and water activities, is better experienced from a yacht! But if you do not have a specific destination in mind, think about what it is you want to see, or experience. Beaches? Scuba Diving? Fishing, Ancient Ruins, Nightlife? Whatever it is, we can probably find a Charter that can get you there!
- What do You Want in a Vessel? There are many different types, models, and sizes of luxury yachts. What is your dreamboat? Especially if you are considering purchasing a yacht, a charter is a great way to try out a specific make or model first.
- How Much do You Want to Spend? The cost of a luxury yacht charter varies greatly, based on the length of charter, your destination, type of boat, what’s included, etc., etc. It is best to have a good idea of your budget before you speak to your Charter Broker.
- When Do You Want to Go? The more specific dates you have in mind, the better your broker can help determine if that is the best time of year to voyage to a given destination.
Once you can answer all of the above questions, booking a luxury yacht charter will be easy. And speaking of questions, anything you are not sure of, or anything you want that can improve your charter experience – do not be afraid to ask!
Operating a motor yacht can be costly. Putting your boat in Charter can earn income, and defray some of the costs of ownership. On Demand Yachting from FYM can show you how. If you would like to learn more, or if you have any questions or comments about this blog post, do not hesitate to contact our Yacht Management specialists, or call us at (954) 900-9968 .