For many boat owners, an upscale motor yacht makes a statement. These magnificent vessels are as much works of art, as they are means of transportation. But, some motor yacht owners take that more seriously than others. Here are some amazing superyachts that are literally ocean-going masterpieces!
The Guilty – Designed by Ivana Porfiri of Porfiristudio, this 116’ superyacht has one of the most impressive and distinctive paint jobs you will ever see on a luxury motor yacht. That is an image of the Guilty above the headline, see for yourself!
The JoyMe – Built by Zepter Yachts, the JoyMe features a combination of verve and panache that reflects the style of her owner and the vision of Standby Studio’s renowned yacht designer Marijana Radovic.
The O’Khalila – The O’Khalila, launched by Palmer Johnson Yachts in 2007, sports a unique golden exterior that is part of the unique design created by Nuvolari-Lenard.
The Moon Goddess – The beautiful blue hues of the Moon Goddess, position her as a heavenly body here on earth!
The Red Pearl – With a distinctive yacht paint job to match her colorful name, the Red Pearl is a motor yacht to see! Which only makes sense since she was custom built by Oversee Yachts!
You Can Help Your Yacht’s Paint Job Last
Your yacht’s exterior may not be painted to rival the Mona Lisa, yet, its paint job has a lot to do with how well she looks and performs. Regardless if your yacht is painted to rival the latest pop art on the galleries of Lincoln Road, or just a simple classic gleaming white, there are some things you should do to keep her looking her best for years to come!
- Never use any kind of harsh detergents or abrasive cleaners on your boat’s surfaces. Use only soft brushes with natural bristles, or cotton fiber mops. Avoid plastics, or other stiff bristles that can easily scratch or damage the paint. You may need to use more abrasive cleansers, and stiffer brushers on the non-skid surfaces, but, try to minimize the length of exposure. If bleach or other harsh cleansers are allowed to stay in contact with the surface for more than a few minutes, they will damage the paint.
- Keeping your yacht clean is a must. Dirt, grime and other grit can cause acids to form on the surface, destroying the luster of your paint and gelcoat.
- Salt water can be very damaging. It is critical that your yacht is washed down and thoroughly detailed after every use.
- Your yacht should be waxed at least once per year.
- If you dock your boat in an area that has winter weather, and you cannot have her moved indoors, or transported elsewhere, avoid ice damage and harm from freezing and thawing, by covering her during winter layup.
One way to ensure that your yacht will be painted right and that everything mentioned above is done to keep your paint job looking great for years to come, is to use our On Demand paint service. All of our technicians have been completely vetted. That means you will know that all of our painting professionals are experts in the field, who have done dozens of yachts just like yours. And, since the yacht painting job will be part of our On Demand Yachting solution – you will be able to completely monitor the job from your own dashboard, from start to finish!
Operating a motor yacht can be costly. You can reduce your expenses, and avoid costly repairs by keeping her well maintained. On Demand yachting from FYM can help. If you would like to learn more, or if you have any questions or comments about this blog post, do not hesitate to contact our Yacht Management specialists, or call us at (954) 900-9968.